THE FOREST SCHOOL is an alternative learning centre that believes learning can be a wondrous adventure, and that people learn best by doing. The programs offered are hands-on, and experiential in nature. They combine freedom with form and take place both indoors and outdoors.
The primary goals are to:
- Develop the whole child, mind body and spirit;
- Nurture an understanding of the interconnectedness of all things,
and with that an environmental and social responsibility;
- Nurture/inspire an excitement for learning and an understanding
that it can be a wondrous adventure;
- Create a community that honours children as individuals, and
that values and respects the similarities and differences in all of us;
- Facilitate learning that is theme-based and largely learner directed;
- Involve the wider community through service, field trips and apprenticeships.